Friday, March 29, 2013

Remembering Breakfast at Tiffany's

This holy week gave me a chance to do a dvd marathon. I love classic movies so I started my movie marathon with a classic - Breakfast at Tiffany's. I daresay it is one historic movie. Audrey Hepburn was at her finest - she got nominated for an Academy award for her performance in the movie. Yeah, she may not have won but she will forever be the most celebrated glamour and style icon in history. Her wardrobe in the movie defined "classy." Her character immortalized the "little black dress." Oh, I love the little black dress. I think my closet is 75% black. It's classic. Audrey didn't wear little black dresses the entire movie. She has quite a wardrobe and I want each of the pieces she wore in that movie in my own closet!


So, at this day and age, I don't think it's an excuse to be trashy. You can still be classic but edgy and modern. Look at this Mango criss cross straps cut out dress? It's perfect for a holiday getaway. But if you really want classic LBD, then go for this Dorothy Perkins petite waffle high neck dress.

Criss cross straps cut out dress                        Photo 1 of Petite waffle high neck dress

Plain and boring? The trick to wearing LBD's is to accessorize. That's what Audrey did in the movie too. She loves Tiffany's! Who doesn't? You can wear a blazer or coat on top of the Mango criss cross straps dress. For the Dorothy Perkins' waffle dress, you have to wear a choker and well, a bold red stilettos. Who would say it's boring? People say that every girl should have a little black dress. I agree - it's classic and I think a girl is at her finest and most fashionable in a little black dress. I also think that no one wears the little black dress as Audrey did in Breakfast at Tiffany's but hey, you can always make it your own. Create your own style!

No comments:

Post a Comment